General and food safety advice
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING General and food safety advice CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
All users of this site agree that access to and use of this site are subject to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
- Cheesecakes are made in advance and are freshly frozen at the time of making.
- It can take up to 4 hours to defrost in a conventional fridge
CAKE STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
- All cakes should be stored in a cool dark place on a flat sturdy surface.
- Only Fresh cream cakes should be stored in a fridge.
EDIBLE IMAGES AND SUGAR MODELS
- Edible images can be put on almost any cake at a cost of £9.99 per picture.
- Editing and altering images may involve extra charges.
- We can scan and print any photograph or image. Whenever an image is scanned and printed the quality deteriorates so make sure you give us the best quality pictures you can.
- If you wish to supply a digital picture, we only accept jpg images.
- Handmade sugar models to accompany your cake such as flowers, ballet shoes, cars, etc cost extra. These are quoted for separately.
- We can never guarantee the quality of the image in terms of size, shape, colour or clarity.
EDIBLE / NON-EDIBLE ITEMS
- We will place real flowers onto your cake although Cakes Today denies all responsibility relating to the flowers as its suppliers cannot guarantee that the flowers have not been sprayed. While all efforts will be made to so neither the stems nor the petals are actually in direct contacts with the cake itself (plastic or paper will be used or the flowers will be placed around the cake rather than on the cake), Cakes Today declines all responsibility with regards to any fresh flowers to be placed on the cake or otherwise.
- You (the customer) are responsible for advising your caterers of the inedible items on the cake so that they remove them before serving.
- Floatation times: In order to provide the best quality of products and the best service we need to emphasise that balloon float times are out of the control of Cakes Today / Only Eggless
- Despite the use of the high-quality product, we cannot guarantee the expectancy of float time past the usual 8 hours
- Due to helium being dependent on its surrounding climate, outside climate, the amount of handling amongst many other things, there may be occasions where some balloons float longer than others. We accept no responsibility for balloon float times and will advise and reiterate this condition to all customers. No reimbursement of costs will be offered for balloons not floating long enough.
- Latex is a natural substance however can cause an allergic reaction in some people.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that foil balloons are not released into the atmosphere. The material in these balloons can conduct electricity and cause severe problems if they entwine in power lines, they are also non-biodegradable.
- Sensible use of balloon accessories and supervision is required for all children, this will reduce the chance of accidental injury, for example balloon cups or valves could be swallowed by small children, balloon sticks can be dangerous if waived near face or eye, balloon ribbons can cause asphyxiation. Children can suffocate on uninflated balloons or broken balloons. Supervision is advised when children are playing with balloons at all times. Balloons are not toys and are for decorative purposes.
ALLERGEN NOTICE / SAFETY ADVICE:
FOOD ALLERGEN AWARENESS: Our Cakes are Produced in a bakery processing the following ingredients: Milk, Dairy, Gluten (Wheat, Barley, Oats) , Soya / Soybean, Peanuts, Tree Nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts, Walnuts, Cashews, Pecans, Brazils, Pistachios, Macadamia nuts and Queensland nuts), Lupin, Sesame Seeds, Celery and Celeriac, Sulphur.
For detailed allergen information please do not hesitate to call. Please Keep refrigerated and once opened please consume within 2 days.
PRECAUTION / SAFETY ADVICE: Cake Decorations, figures & ribbons are meant for decorative purposes only. Balloons may conduct Electricity and can produce loud noises. Carelessness with Candles can cause Fire. Misuse can cause personal injury.
*Gluten, Dairy, Lactose & Nuts are present on our premises, however, Non-Nut & no dairy-containing ingredients will be used if specified. We can however NEVER guarantee 100% non-contamination in any of the above as they are present in our bakery. We have taken extra precautionary measures to lessen the chance of cross-contamination.
Our products may contain colours such as: (E110); (E104); (E122); (E129); (E102); (E124); may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children.